Your non-refundable session fee includes:
- Travel: to and from the location of your choice
- Up to 4 hours of photography, on location
- Full editing of images
- Online proofing and ordering session
A deposit of 50% of the photo session is due at the time of booking to lock in your session date. By signing this contract you are agreeing to pay the retainer to ensure your date.
By signing this contract you are agreeing to the following:
• No images or products shall be provided before payment is made in full.
• Cameras, including cell phone cameras, and recording devices may not be used during our session.
• There is no guarantee of the number of images presented from a session. Many factors contribute to this, including the cooperativeness of the subject.
• As an artist, I reserve the right to artistically interpret what I see and in what ways I choose to photograph a scene. This may mean that some shots are color, some are B&W. Images presented to the client are the only images available.
• If the subject is a minor I certify that I am legally able to give consent for the minor child.
• I agree that Janis Olson Photography may use such images with or without my name for any lawful purposes, including but not limited to publicity, illustration, advertising, and web content
.• Due to the artistic nature of custom photography all sales are final.
Terms and Conditions
1. Deposit and Payment. The client shall pay the deposit upon booking a session which is 50% of photo fee to reserve the date. The Client shall pay the balance to perform the services specified herein. This deposit and balance is payable via cash, check or PayPal.
2. Cancellation. If Client shall cancel for reasons that are acceptable to the photographer, your deposit shall be refunded. (see Failure To Perform section)
3. Photographic Materials. All photographic materials, including but not limited to digital files, proofs and prints, shall be the exclusive property of the Photographer.
4. Copyright and Reproductions. The Photographer shall own the copyright in all images created and shall have the exclusive right to make reproductions. The Photographer shall only make reproductions for the Client or for the Photographer’s portfolio, samples, self-promotions, entry in photographic contests or art exhibitions, editorial use, or for display within or on the outside of the Photographer’s studio. If the Photographer desires to make other uses, the Photographer shall not do so without first obtaining the written permission of the Client.
5. Client’s Usage. The Client is obtaining prints for personal use only, and shall not sell said prints or authorize any reproductions thereof by parties other than the Photographer.
6. Failure to Perform. If the Photographer cannot perform this Agreement due to a fire or other casualty, strike, act of God, or other cause beyond the control of the parties, or due to the Photographer’s illness, then the Photographer shall return the retainer to the Client but shall have no further liability with respect to the Agreement. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera or computer malfunction, lost in the mail, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of the Photographer. In the event the Photographer fails to perform for any other reason, the Photographer shall not be liable for any amount in excess of the retail value of the Client’s order.
7. Inherent Qualities. Client is aware that color dyes in photography may fade or discolor over time due to the inherent qualities of dyes, and Client releases Photographer from any liability for any claims whatsoever based upon fading or discoloration due to such inherent qualities.
8. Photographer’s Standard Price List. The charges in this Agreement are based on the current session fee. The session fee is adjusted periodically and future sessions shall be charged at the prices in effect at the time when the session is booked.
10. Miscellany. This Agreement incorporates the entire understanding of the parties. Any modifications of this Agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties. Any waiver of a breach or default hereunder shall not be deemed a waiver of a subsequent breach or default of either the same provision or any other provision of this Agreement. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Connecticut.